Thursday, July 11, 2013

Indefinite Hiatus



To the Seven Readers of This Blog:

I regret to inform you that I will be taking an indefinite hiatus from blogging, for I will be very busy with some future endeavors.  You are free to remove the link to this blog from your blogrolls, favorites lists, or bookmarks, if it is ever on them. 

Why am I going on a hiatus? The simplest reason is that this blog has served its purpose. That’s it. You can leave this blog now. But if you want to read a long, pretentious passage explaining why, continue reading. Before you do, take a look at this image, the cover of Trip Magazine’s third issue. 


And if you want to make me happy, get a copy of the magazine. It’s available at National Book Store, Fully Booked, and Powerbooks. Now, continue reading (after the jump).

It was ten years ago when I first had a blog. For a time, I was an active blogger. I even made friends online through constant blog hopping. After a while, however, I was blogging less frequently, and then I was blogging on and off. The links on my blog roll were getting fewer and fewer because my blog mates were abandoning their blogs, until I myself decided to stop blogging. My last entry for that blog was aptly titled “Facebook Killed Blogging.” 

(My old blog is still somewhere on the Internet, but I’ve changed the URL so nobody can find it. Now even I can’t remember the URL, which is fine with me since reading my old blog posts makes me cringe.)

A few months after writing what I thought was my last blog entry, I opened another blog, this blog, because I needed fresh writing pieces that I could include in my portfolio in case I am required to submit one to a potential employer. Now, I have a decent portfolio, which actually doesn’t have even single piece from this blog. 

Exactly two years after first promoting this blog, I am going on a hiatus because aside from the blog having served its purpose (not really), I don’t know if I’ll ever have time to keep this blog updated because of my busy schedule. So rather than disappoint the seven of you for not regularly posting entries, I’m informing you now to stop visiting this blog.

So why won’t I just shut this blog down? That’s because I might go back to blogging in the future if I could find a reason to do so. When that will be, I’m not certain, but you’ll know for sure if that moment comes. 

For the mean time, if you want to keep in touch, I have my Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts, and soon I’ll have a Tumblr account, too. I’m not really a social media person, but I know how important the platforms are, and thus I’m on them. So just keep calm and see you around the cyberspace! :)

Sincerely,

Karlow

No comments: